State Capitol in Salem, Oregon
The original State Capitol Building shown here burned in 1935 and it was rebuilt shortly thereafter. The new Capitol, shown below, doesn’t have quite the character that the old one does.
The new Capitol building opened in 1936
Salem as seen from the Capitol Building
An early view of State Street looking east toward the capitol.
The neon sign hanging across the street advertises the Bligh Hotel, which is on the left. Capital Drugs is on the left and Neimeyer Drug Store is on the right.
Salem’s Electric Fountain
Boating on the Willamette River near Salem
Oregon State Penitentiary
Last updated 12-06-08
copyright © 2013 PdxHistory.com