The last addition to the park was the “Golden Spike” which opened in the spring of 1952. It was a 16-gage miniature train, manufactured by the Miniature Train Mfg. Co. of Rensselaer, Indiana. The ride had 2000 feet of 12 pound rail and it featured a train station and a tunnel, as well as several miniature train crossing signals. Its route wound back and forth through a narrow course, with tracks so close together that they shared ties between the rails for two different directions. The train had a top speed of 12 mph and it had vacuum brakes on each wheel.
The pool was dismantled in 1956. The park was operated by the Vogels until they sold it to the Shriners for $75,000 in 1962. The Shriners did not re-open the park for three years. After Louie Vogel’s son, Lloyd passed away, Bill Oliver managed the park for the Shriners beginning in 1965 and no improvements were made to attract patrons. The park closed for the last time at the end of the 1967 season. In November that year, the park rides and equipment were advertised for sale in a magazine published for amusement parks. In the spring of 1968, the park rides were dismantled and the Jack Rabbit was burned on site.
The cars from the train are privately owned and are currently in storage. One remaining space ship from the swinging spaceship ride is located in Wallace, Idaho and it is privately owned. The Rock-O-Plane was moved to Thrill-ville USA, an amusement park in Turner, Oregon which closed in 2008. It is not known where the ride went after that.